Healthy and Hearty Beef Chili
This chili recipe is pretty simple to make and most of you already have the ingredients on-hand at home! The key ingredient is the beef that is used. Please see our notes below on this and also our challenge.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 lb grass fed beef or bison
- 1 small organic onion
- 1 can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 can organic kidney beans
- 1-2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 chipolte peppers, chopped OPTIONAL
- Brown ground beef in a large pot over med-high heat, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat as it cooks.
- Drain off the fat and add the chopped onion. Continue cooking (and stirring) until the onion is translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients (adjust spices to your liking) and bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat to warm, cover and let it simmer.